The University’s core values are as follow:
- Freedom of thought and expression
- Freedom from discrimination
- Freedom from mental poverty.
- To instill tendency in the students to learn more and more.
- To develop and enquiring mind.
- Education which enhances the ability of students to learn throughout life.
- To make students more pragmatic.
- The encouragement of a questioning spirit
- An extensive range of academic subjects in all major subjects groups.
- Quality and depth of provision across all subjects.
- The close inter-relationship between teaching scholarship and research
- Strong support for in individual researchers as well as research groups.
- Residence in OPJS campus as central to most course.
- The opportunities for broadening the experience of students and staff through participation in sport, music, drama, the visual arts and other cultural activities because a healthy mind resides in a healthy body
- Equal importance to co-curricular and extra curricular activities